Inspired by Derek Sivers’ /now page, here’s what I’m currently working on:
My theme for 2023 is The Year of Foundation. After some significant changes in my life in 2020 and 2021, the theme for 2022 was New Beginnings. I rebooted a lot of things over the last year so in 2023, I’m building a strong foundation under them.
If you want to learn more about yearly themes, it’s a running topic on the Cortex podcast. Episodes 20, 44, 45, 62, 79, 95, 104, 110, 123, and 136 cover it in some detail.
Business & Side Projects
- Working a full-time job
- Maintaining a handful of websites from my former career as an online marketer
- Regularly writing on this blog
- Planning a new side hustle
Hobbies & Interests
- Learning how to play guitar. Or more specifically, learning how to play some of my favourite songs. I really just want to be able to pick it up and noodle around with songs I love.
- Craft cocktails. I’m enjoying learning how to make classic cocktails as well as the history behind them. A couple of YouTube channels have helped spark my interest – Anders Erickson and Steve the Bartender.
- “$100M Offers” by Alex Hormozi
- “Creative Selection” by Ken Kocienda. I’m an Apple nerd and this story of Kocienda’s time with Apple is fascinating.
- “The Daily Stoic” by Ryan Holiday
- “The Daily Laws: 366 Meditations on Power, Seduction, Mastery, Strategy, and Human Nature” by Robert Greene
Last updated 2023-04-01